Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Cozy Winter Sweater Nail Art

Helluuuu!

I'm back! Don't worry, I didn't quit, I simply hadn't had the time to post. But I have lots of unposted pics and swatches, which I will share with you soon!

Today I want to show you some winter nail art and swatches of one of the most amazing toppers on this planet and I tried the popular stamping decal method here!


I made this before Christmas, that means before I got my camera, so sorry for the slightly bad quality of these pics :)
Ok, about the nail art!

I started by painting all my nails black with China Glaze - Liquid Leather. Afterwards I added two coats of MaxFactor - Fantasy Fire.



Fantasy Fire is a stunning topper which transforms your basecolor, depending on which color it is. I experienced that with a black base you only see the red and green shimmer of it. I tried it once over a dark blue base and it shimmered blue and violet, simply amazing. Robin from Roaring Nails used it HERE, take a look!



I wanted to try the stamping decals since I saw Lucy from Lucy's Stash explaining this method - see the post HERE. She explains it really simple with three slightly different videos, take a look!


How I did it:

  1. I took a plastic foil (I can really recommend the plastic foils in which my nail vinyls came) and applied a wide patch of Glisten&Glow - HK Girl Top Coat and let it dry.
  2. Then I used my MoYou London Festive Plate No. 6 and Essence - Stampy Polish White and stamped on the top coat patch.
  3. I used a tweezer to peel it of the plastic foil.
  4. Then I applied one coat of topcoat on my nail and applied the decal.
  5. Make sure that everything is dry and cut the excess decal or remove it with nail polish remover.
  6. Seal it again with top coat!



I can really recommend this technique, because if you fail with one attempt, you can simply throw it away and make a new one. You don't have to redo the whole nail. And the best about it, you can make the decals and save them for some time, but not to long, because they start breaking.

What do you think about the nail art and the topper?
I highly recommend to look at the posts I mentioned above, they are amazing and really helpful!
Please let me know if you have tried this technique or intend to!

I hope you are as happy as I am to be back again! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love these Franzi!! Wow I can't believe how different Fantasy Fire looks on top of different colours! I have only tried it on blue and purple but it looks amazing over black too I see :) I haven't tried the stamping decal technique yet but you're right, it does sound really handy if you mess something up! I love the sweater pattern you stamped too, so cosy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have to confess, I was a bit disappointed, that it only shows red and green over black, because I knew it can show so much more. And I'm also not a fan of this color combination, I would never buy a duochrome polish with this effect.
      But because I know it can look a different way, I love it anyways.
      The stamping decal method is definitely something you should try!
      Thank you for your praise!

      Delete
  2. Das schaut so toll aus! Muss ich auch unbedingt mal machen! Statt der Folie verwende ich in letzter Zeit öfters Butterpapier, also das helle Backpapier. Finde ich persönlich fast noch besser als die Folie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. freut mich, dass es dir gefällt und danke für den Tip mit dem Backpapier! Das muss ich mir merken!

      Delete
  3. When I first saw the pictures I didn't recognize Fantasy Fire! :) I also bought it recently and was also a bit disappointed... Now I know it's an amazing polish that has various looks depending on the base colour! I'll be trying this combination. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a funny polish, this little one! :D
      It's nice to hear, that I inspire you! Thank you! :)

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 frankiehuntersnails