Saturday, August 23, 2014

Mani swap with Becca

Hy lovlies!

Instagram is an endless source of inspiration and since I'm there, I discovered lots of new to me and talented artists. One of those is Becca (IG: becca.nails) from England, UK and she makes some awesome manis. Some days ago, she asked if someone wants to do a mani swap and I thought, well, why not?!
I chose a butterfly mani and she took my celebration mani from last week.
I felt so honored because I'm really proud of this one!

Isn't her recreation just wonderful? At the moment you can find Becca on Instagram only, but she told me that she is thinking about starting her own blog! I think we should encourage her to do so! You can send her some words at becca.nails6@gmail.com and be sure to check out her Instagram profile!

And now a bit more about the design I chose!


I wanted to do butterfly nails for a while now and I saw my chance, when Becca asked for a mani swap. You may have noticed that I did it in the reverse direction, but I think they turned out well though.


Used polishes and tools:
A-England - Tristam
Kiko - 530 Pearly blue peacock
Essie - find me an oasis
Glisten & Glow - HK Girl top Coat
Black acrylic paint
Striping brush, make-up sponge and dotting tool

I can tell you, it wasn't as easy as it looked. I haven't done "real" nail art for a while now and my eyes burned after 2 hours of concentrating. And the clean up was hard to, because the black acrylic paint flodded my cuticles so much. So please excuse my cuticles, because I didn't manage to get rid of all that nasty stuff! But I really like the end result!























Here are closeups of my thumbs!


You can't see it on pics properly, but the Kiko polish is so sparkly!

The verdict: I love the butterfly pattern and my boyfriend and co-worker too, but I have to practice more to get even lines!

What do think? Yeah or nay? Have you ever tried a butterfly pattern?

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 frankiehuntersnails